Spit seats (crosspost)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit seats (crosspost)
From: Julian Daley <j.daley@umds.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 10:45:07 +0100 (bst)
NOTE. Crossposted to British-cars and Triumphs.

Hello everyone,

The seats on my 1500 are looking very sorry for themselves and the 'trouble
and strife' finds them lacking in back support.  I've heard tell of people
putting extra / firmer stuffing in.  I'm probably going to get the seats
recovered professionally, so what should I ask the upholsterer to do ?  Any
idea what sort of prices I'll be looking at ?  Any recommended upholstery
shops around London / SE England ?  What material have people used ?  Mine
are light beige vinyl edges with beige checked (houndstooth ?) fabric in the
middle. I _think_ one can buy the origional material but are there any
alternatives worth considering ?

My apologies if this has been discussed recently, I've been off the lists
for quite a few months.

Julian.
          Julian Daley, Dept. Clinical Physics, Guy's Hospital, London