Re: TR6 Brake Servo

To: tjn@rahul.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Servo
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 09:36:41 1996
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If the sucking sound is under the dash and the brakes work,
but its just like when you do your 3rd brake application
with engine off, i.e. vacuum is gone, this its the brake servo
main diaphram...  You have 3 choices, all involve your wallet.
Note the booster can be replaced without removing the master
if you unbolt the front/rear dist. near the oil filter.  Also
note that one major reason for failure is the master loosing
fluid via the rear seal into the booster... one more argument
for silicon brake fluid!!!

1. Buy/steal a used booster
2. Order a new booster, take out wallet remove $250.00
3. Have it rebuilt... $100.00

#3 - I'm still "smoking" over this one, apparently NO one sells the
     main diaphram, yet this place in San Antonio will rebuild the
     unit and repaint it for $100.  If new units are being built and
     old ones can be rebuilt, I suspect new diaphrams are available,
     but I was unable to find the source...

I have the address for the place in San Antonio somewhere, apparently
this is one of the national rebuild locations for brake/clutch.

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879