Well, well...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Well, well...
From: jim.sudduth@autodesk.com
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 96 10:36:28 PST
     So I get the head off using the Rope Trick and I'm cleaning the old
     gasket off of it last night and I notice this nifty chunk missing out
     of the exhaust valve in the #6 chamber. Doh! as Homer would say. My
     compression leak wasn't the head gasket after all and now I'm looking
     at a head job :-(.

     I was wondering, is this something that "just happens" like s**t
     happens, or could I have done something to bring this on? As
     background, I keep the valves well adjusted, I use high enough octane
     gas and I've never revved this engine over 4,500 rpm. Any comments?

     Thanks,
     Jim
     jims@autodesk.com
     '74 TR6 CF20076U