Too Lean TR6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Too Lean TR6
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:48:37 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm sure you're all sick of my questions by now....

Kelley's TR6 is DEFINITELY running way too lean...as evidenced by near
white sparkplugs tips, and the hunting behavior at idle......this is a
first for me...a British car that is too lean rather than too rich.

Too Lean=hi emmisions (hydrocarbons) so I need to figure this out...
Does anyone know how to richen a Stromberg carb?  They're 175CDSE's...
it appears that the needle is not adjustable....but logic would dictate
that the needle needs to come up in the jet.  I don't have a Bentley
manual yet....the Lousy Haynes manual shows a special tool to adjust
this...but I suspect that's only on the early cars...

I seem to remember the later Strombergs not having adjustable needles...

Anyone have a clue?

Regards,
teej
--
TJ Noto         Palo Alto       CA      USA     http://www.rahul.net/tjn
Ducati          Triumph         MG      BMW     Lambretta