Re: GT6+ really a '69?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, pellemr@nbnet.nb.ca (pellemr)
Subject: Re: GT6+ really a '69?
From: "Kurt Oblinger" <Kurt_Oblinger_at_AWP450@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 13:19:12 EST
It is most likely a '69 that was first sold and therefore registered as a '70.
My Vitesse was built in '62 and sold and registered in '64. This is not uncommon
since the brits kept with the concept of "Marks" as opposed to model year. That
is why the vendors always ask you for your commission number.

I know a fellow who was working at a Triumph dealer in '69-'70. He said it was a
snap to sell GT6's until the 240Z hit the market and then nobody wanted them.

Cheers
Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.