Tranny swap

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny swap
From: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 17:52:25 -0700
Ok folks, here's the current dilemma:
        Got my O/D tranny, Got my new short prop shaft, got my new u-joints,
thinking I'm ready to swap....pull old tranny, lay them down next to each
other...The splines on the O/D tranny are "fine" in comparison to the old trans
main shaft.  Question now is ...Can I switch the O/D unit over to the old trans
box?...Will i have to change clutch plates? (current one is new 5000 miles
ago)....Who has done this before?...help

        Thanks