76 TR 6 Clutch Problem?

To: Unknown <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 76 TR 6 Clutch Problem?
From: Neil Beasley <74741.2020@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 18 Jun 96 10:15:56 EDT
Hello All,

I finally got the lbc on the road (legally--inspected, registered and all) in
Texas heat(100 F). Here's the problem. As it heats up while driving(max temp
running about 3/4 of the way to  gauge max), the rpm at idle speed increases
from about 1000rpm to about 1200. I know 1000 rpm may be a little too high to
start with but I'm not sure how well the tach is calibrated. When I stop and
need to shift  to reverse, it won't shift --just grinds. When the engine is
cooler, there is no problem getting into reverse.

I'm not sure engine speed has anything to do with the problem but then, what
does?  Any ideas? There is no other sign of a clutch problem while shifting and
the problem is intermittent enough that it's hard to tell how hot the engine has
to be before the problem  starts.

In regard to heat, I notice the oil pressure runs about 75 psi on start up and
drops to about 15-25 after heating up. I'm using 10W-30 weight oil. Is this much
drop  normal?

Thanks in advance for the help.