TR6 click-noise from disc brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 click-noise from disc brakes
From: cisamrein@access.ch (walter koller)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:26:51 +0100
Hello All,

The click noise appears from the front when I drive the TR6 on roads with
small bumbs and holes (not so nice roads). It sounds like loosing bolts on
the frame , but in fact it disappears when I slightly press the brake.
After removing the frontwheels and beating a little bit with a piece of wood
on the brake disc, I could hear the same click noise. Finally I saw that the
brake pads have some play on the two pad fitting bolts and the bolts itselfs
also in the caliper.

Q1: Is it common to hear this awful noise (there are usually other noise
sources to concentrate of) ?
Q2: Could there be wrong pad fitting bolts (diameter) mounted ?
Q3: Or do you think one of the parts are just worn?

Regards

Walter Koller
Switzerland
TR6 PI