Failed overdrive

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Failed overdrive
From: "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 08:26:34 +0100
Help!

my overdrive has stopped working.

I went for a 100 mile run over the weekend in the heat, and since then my o'd
hasn't worked.  It was fine during the run.

This has happened to me a couple of times in the past, and always after a long
run, but it usually fixes itself after a few miles.  This is the first time it
hasn't.

Is it possibly low on oil? or is it likely to be more serious than that?

I am impressed with the sound it makes at 4000 revs, but I don't want to live
with it always.

Chris.

--
-- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.