Spitfire Trans swap

To: "'Charlie Brown'" <CBrown1500@aol.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Trans swap
From: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:19:56 -0700
Okay, Okay,
Broke down and bought the new friction plate for the twenty spline shaft....In
the long run it will be cheaper than a complete rebuild :ie "gut swap" of the
two trannys...But...isn't there always one...I now feel compelled to at least
tear down the gear box of the O/D trans as there is a slight in and out
movement on the main shaft...Prob'ly the big bearing in front of case.
The hardest thing about all this is I am quitting smoking, with help of patch,
but it's always been "natural" to fire up one of those bad baby's as soon as I
lift the bonnet.....ah well, we'll all be better off without them.  Thanks for
all your help and guidance.