Re: Debra's rear end problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Debra's rear end problem
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 23:47:50 -0400
Hi Debra,
Just a guess, but your rear end problem might be lack of lube...
not KentuckY jelly, but wheel bearing grease on clean splined shafts of
the IRS axles.  Under `loaded' conditions, e.g. accelerating thru a turn
and finding a bump in the road, if the splines are dry they'll momentarily
lock and release, causing some weird shuddering, funny noises, etc.

One particular aggravation: broken rubbers; the shafts can't lose their
protection, the little gaiters or accordion boots; dirty water, dust, etc
get into the splines, the grease dries up, and you can imagine just how
horrible the consequences could be.

I appreciate the opportunity to be of service, it's getting very late
and this overtime is starting to wear on my mind, and my thoughts strayed
towards your rear end...problems.  Hope this helps, and isn't too cheeky.

Remember, no good deed shall go un-punished, & we have the technology...
Your hunble narrator and servant,
Claude Hopper
TR-250
Lee-Enfield .303