RE: GT6 Front Springs

To: ktheis.den.mmc.com#064#INTERNET#064#Motorola_Email*msmac*%PWMS1@email.mot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 Front Springs
From: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Date: 21 Jun 96 15:46:15 -0500
Karl wrote:
>Would you please relay to me info on your new front springs?
>Specifically:
>what-uprated spring rate?
>shorter installed height?
>where did you buy them?
>and for how much?
>I'm thinking about upgrading the susension of my GT6

Karl,
     I bought the springs from John Kipping in the UK. They are the 330#
Heavy Duty spring. They offer a 440# but it was suggested by racers in the
group not to use them for street use. I got the following measurements for
the free-lengths of the springs:  Stock 12 1/8",
330# 10 1/8".
     The completed assy is just about the same height as the stock unit. You
just don't have to compress them much so you don't need any kind of
compression tool. The front of the car is maybe 1" lower and has a nice
stance.
    The 330# springs are 18 pounds each (less the VAT)  and shipping was 40
pounds. The shipping was kind of high at 40 pounds for airmail. They had
been on backorder for a while and I think they shipped them a more expensive
way to get them to me faster. My gearbox freight charge from Kipping was
less by using standard UPS.
   I am not sure how much of the difference the shocks make in this change
but I located a source for Koni's at $72 ea (I think that included shipping!
) in the back of Road and Track: R&D Enterprises 800-683-2890 best price I
found anywhere.
  If you make this change I am sure you will be like me wishing you did it
years ago.
Good luck,
Richard
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L