Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff/Temp Gauges

To: moesim@solgate.com, owner-triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure and Stuff/Temp Gauges
From: Larry_Young@avid.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 96 15:11:28 -0400
Cc: CBrown1500@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Encoding: 28 text
>         I could also rationalize that my engine never warms up since
the
> temp gauge has been taking a nap since before I bought the car.  A
friend
> says he thinks the early TR4 gauges are the same fascia design except
> electric instead of capillary powered.  I would like to keep the
gauges
> looking the same but don't care about originality of the sensor
source.  Has
> anyone done this conversion?  Where is a good source for either type
of temp
> gauge?  And pardon my ignorance, but does LBC stand for Little British
Car?

Mike,

Yes indeed LBC does stand for Litte British Car.

As far as a temp gauge, cal 802-439-5815 as for Mike. He has lots of
used and NOS TR parts, and is very reasonable in terms of price.

TR4/4A's do have an electric type temp gauge, but I don't know of anyone
who has made a conversion to and electric from a capillary type.

Good luck and I hope this Helps...

Larry Young
'67 TR4A-IRS