Rear IRS Splines TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear IRS Splines TR6
From: "lee waters" <leew@arn.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 15:33:17 -0500
I have recently noticed changes in the position of my body with respect to
the amount of tire showing on each side.  Armed with my Haynes Manual I
was able to find out nothing.  I am running 205x65 15's.  The amount of
tire showing fuller seemed to be on the passenger side.  Today I noticed
that there was more tread showing on the drivers side.  Haynes says
nothing about lubrication of the splines on the IRS.  There was mention on
this post about this problem but alas I lost it before I discovered this
problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  BTW  my rubber boots are
probably a contributing factor.
Thanks
Lee H Waters
1969 TR6   CC26710L