Triumph Stag- installing an oil pressure gauge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, stag@homer.halltown.cma.com
Subject: Triumph Stag- installing an oil pressure gauge
From: TheHerrs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 23:50:54 -0400
Dear fellow Triumph owners,

I am trying to replace the non-working clock in my 73 Stag with a proper oil
pressure gauge. I found a matching 73 TR6 gauge at Carlisle this past Spring,
but now I need to figure out how to hook it up. The Stag comes with a sender
unit for an oil pressure warning light. I am planning on ordering a TR6 oil
pressure gauge hose but the question is this: Where do I hook up the hose on
the Stag engine? Has anyone done this before? Do I replace the electrical
sending unit with a fitting that will allow the hose to be screwed in? or is
there a better place to hook up the hose.

I know there are people that have done this in the past. Any help would be
appreciated. Also for other Stag owners, I hear that the same year TR6 has a
graduated Temp gauge with the temp. makings in degrees F. This would be more
informational than the standard one with no markings. Bowie autojumble here I
come.

Dave Herr
73 Stag
65 TR4A

See everyone at Bowie, MD this weekend.....