Overdirve Diff in a Mk3 Spit??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdirve Diff in a Mk3 Spit??
From: CWNicholls@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 20:01:57 -0400
Cc: ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:

My Mk.3 definitely needs a new set of tires - when I bought it in the spring
it had 205's on it - but they are out of balance, and are TOO big for the
car - puts too much load on the steering mechanism, and there are just not
enough space for them for the bonnet. That's why I am in the market for a
new set - and was wondering what size to go after? 165's (orginal?), 175's,
185's - and 60's or 70's ? What sizes will fit? My speedometer is out of
wack any way due to an overdrive differential and a non-overdrive gearbox,
so.....

I don't remember that there was a different diff for the overdrive unit??
Perhaps someone installed a different diff or perhaps speedo gear or even a
different speedo...

Please cc: me direct if there is any reply..

Clark