RE: Overdirve Diff in a Mk3 Spit??

To: "'CWNicholls@aol.com'" <CWNicholls@aol.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overdirve Diff in a Mk3 Spit??
From: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:02:59 -0700
Clark,

Being in the middle of my trans swap project, I can assure you, the only
differences possible (in North American models)  are that the rear ends in MKI,
II, III, and IV all have 4.11:1 gearing and the 1500's have 3.89:1.  No
difference in gearing for any of those models equipped with O/D.  Now, should
you take the O/D trans from a late model 1500 and put it into an early Mark
IV....well this seems to be my situation...so figure it out and let me
know...How will this affect my speed shown on speedo vs. actual (or what the
CHP says he clocked me at) ???