TR6 Bulkhead Sealers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Bulkhead Sealers
From: tr6@usa.pipeline.com (Ronald Olds)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:18:44 GMT
I am going to install the bulkhead sealers in the front fenders of my 72
TR6 and have some questions about the installation. I purchased the parts
from TRF. Believe it or not but they actually had the parts in stock!

1. How does the seal attach to the plate? I have the clips that hold the
seal. There is a slot in the seal that allows it to slip on to the plate
but I don't see how you would then attach the clips. If the clips go on to
the plate and then the seal is attached to the plate does the seal go in
front of the plate (towards the wheel) or behind it?

2. Should any type of sealer be used along the edge where the plate is
bolted to the inner panel?

3. I found the rubber drain tube inside the fender wheel but don't know
what to do with it. It was left long (coiled up inside) enough to rote some
where but I don't know where. I hope you don't just leave it there and
allow the water to sit inside the fender.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ron Olds

72 TR6
60 TR3A