Re: Spit. glovebox location

To: Jonathan Miles <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit. glovebox location
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 09:51:22 -0400 "Spit. glovebox location" (Jun 25, 1:29pm)
> Subject: Spit. glovebox location
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how the passenger side glovebox (parcel shelf) (the
> cardboard thing) locates in a late (Mk IV and 1500) spitfire. I know
> that the sides, base and back bolt on but what about the flap at the
> top? It just seems to flop down exposing the wiring etc. behind. How
> is it supposed to be held up?

[snip of Jonathan's rather long signature block ;-)]
>-- End of excerpt from Jonathan Miles

Jonathan,

Top? I've never seen a top on the box! This must be some replacement
enhancement. My original '73 has a back, two sides and a bottom. It is
bolted on the ends of the bottom, and then there are two phillips head
screws on the back. The sides are riveted to the back, (or maybe the
back is riveted to the sides, I don't remember right now). Now maybe
the UK version was a little more refined, but somehow I don't think
so.

Doug Mitchell