Re: Spit spring SPRUNG (safely)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit spring SPRUNG (safely)
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 11:45:04 -0400
Good Day Triumphal ones,

Some good points have been made about disassembling the
coil over shock assemblies.  Even though this has been discussed
before, it is worth revisiting.  This operation can be genuinely DANGEROUS!.

I *highly* recommend the TSSC spring compressor tool.  (or reasonable
facimile).  It makes this job safe.  It's so much easier than fooling
around with the [threaded-rod-with-hooks] arrangement.  As an added
bonus, it doesn't mar that nice new paint on your springs.
(you did paint them didn't you?)

I have no financial interest....etc. etc.
I am however a TSSC member.

Bob Sykes  (s1500@aol.com)    -  - -     __,@_\____
'78 Spitfires                   -  --    }-0-----0->