Re: TR6 Fan belt replacement <9606281806.AA19291@rgfn.epcc.E

To: aj253@rgfn.epcc.edu (Tony Robinson)
Subject: Re: TR6 Fan belt replacement <9606281806.AA19291@rgfn.epcc.Edu>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 14:24:56 PDT
Cc: tjn@rahul.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Tony Robinson said:

 > >Is there a LAM (list approved method) for changing the fan belt
 > >on these beasts?

 > Heh, heh, must be talking about the TR6.
 > Lookout front cross member, here comes da' wrench!!

The hard part, I've found, is getting the cross member back *in* -- after you
take it out, the chassis sags a little and the distance between the
crossmember mountings becomes epsilon less than the length of the thing.
Solution: hack under the center of the lower cross member, the mounts will sag
the OTHER way and it becomes dead easy.  Get it located and the bolts started,
lower the jack adn tighten it down.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center