Re: TR-250 Early/Late ?

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: TR-250 Early/Late ?
From: SEALLEN@worldnet.att.net (Scott Allen)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 00:31:22 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 28 Jun 96 23:03:36 +0000, you wrote:

>Fellow Motorheads,
>
>Many of the parts listed for TR-250s (such as cranks, timing gears, dist-
>ributors, & other such minor components) are differentiated as `early'
>or `late' type.  What Comm. # serves as a division point...I hope it's
>just one point...
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Tom Tweed
>TR-250  CD 4959 L
>SW Ohio

Tom,

The resources I have seen don't list a division point and only say
that there were some minor changes over the TR 5/250 production run.
I suspect that these 'early' parts were not phased out at a single
point but were simply used up and then the 'late' parts were used.

I am planning a rebuild of the engine on my TR 250 and I, like you, am
interested to know the answer to this question.  I'll let you know
whether I find the early or late parts as soon as I get the engine out
and start dissembling it.

Scott Allen
TR 250  CD 4783 L
Raleigh, North Carolina