Re: Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!

To: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!
From: "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:14:28 +0100 "Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!" (Jul 12, 4:06pm)
Cc: "'British Car List'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Wow, another Chris & Karen,

Almost certainly your voltage regulator at fault, it drops the 12(ish) volts
from the battery down to a stable 10 volts for the fuel and temp gauges.  It
probably sent a full 12+ volts for a while, causing the needles to go for a
vacation.

The regulator is attached to the back of your speedo, and is a common cause of
problems.

hope this helps,

Chris & Karen Boston.

--
-- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.