Re: MPG on TR6? <9607172358.AA07075@vaccine-bb.netlabs.com>

To: Vadim Akselrod <vadim@sems.com>
Subject: Re: MPG on TR6? <9607172358.AA07075@vaccine-bb.netlabs.com>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 08:38:58 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Vadim Akselrod wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to track mileage on my '73 TR6, which I'm using as a daily
> driver, and it seems rather low.  I was wondering what y'all are getting.
>  Mine is coming in at a smidgeon over 10 MPG.  That for a 2.5 liter
> engine?  I think trucks can do better than that...  :(

I currently get 21MPG, according to my TR6 odometer, which reads at
approximately 1.17 of correct mileage, according to the odometer correction
factors used on my last two TSD rallyes.

Thus, the "corrected mileage" corresponds to about 18MPG in "real" miles.  This
is worse mileage than a TR6 should give, since I *know* that my car is running
quite rich, and I drive the TR6 in the manner that LBCs were intended to be
driven! :-) :-)

I have read told that a TR6 that has been properly tuned and adjusted should
get around 20/24MPG (city/highway), but can do even better on MPG with even
leaner tuning and more sedate driving.

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631