Chet

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chet
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 13:00:30 -0600
CM>Tony

CM>Don't happen to have a starter selanoid for the TR-6 laying around do ya?

CM>        Chet

CM>It would be nice if you new what model that pump came off of, I'm sure that
CM>alot of parts could be crossed refferanced if only we had a parts store to
CM>play with!!

Chet,
 On the starter solenoid, take a look at early Chrysler, I think you
will see that it is the same as the non-pushbutton type on most lbc.
 This particular oil pump could be from a later TR6.
 I got it backwards when I said it was cast iron. The old one was cast,
and the new larger one is aluminum.
 It was in a plastic bag that was in a box of assorted junk that was
with the car when I bought it. Someone had started a restoration of the
69
GT6, with this TR6 engine. I guess it proved to be too much work for
someone with a little knowledge
 Tom Tweed in Ohio was kind enough to send me a cam, which I took to my
machinist in Las Cruces, N.M. yesterday. One bad lobe. He's going to
weld that and turn the cam to my numbers for $70. Couldn't hardly pass
that up.
 Guess I need to send Tom payment for shipping. DID YOU GET THAT TOM?
 Here is an interesting note.
 Beware of the Bentley manual if rebuilding an early TR6 engine. There
are a couple of real screwups, one just cost me a set of main bearings.
Best Regards,
Tony
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com