Re: TR6 clunk on bumps

Subject: Re: TR6 clunk on bumps
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@mailhost.scala.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 96 16:10:38 EDT
Scott Dinhofer writes:

>TR-6 Clunking sound?
>Whenever I ride on uneven, rough road, or even a highway expansion joint, I
>get a clunking sound from the rear. Sounds like something may be loose?, any
>other ideas or what may actually be loose?

        My first bet would be the shock mounting bolts.  I had the same
problem with both rear shocks.  Deal with this before they oval the mounting
ears on the shocks.  It also could be the link from shock to trailing arm.

        I doubt it's the diff mount - that causes clunk on acceleration/
clutch, not on road bumps.  It could be a trailing arm mount/bush, though
that's a bit unlikely.
--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com