Re: Stowe Vt British Invaison

To: Herb Hargraves Jr <hargrave@somtel.com>
Subject: Re: Stowe Vt British Invaison
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@knot.queensu.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:46:37 -0400
Cc: British-Cars@AutoX.Team.Net, triumphs@AutoX.Team.Net
At 08:40 PM 9/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi out there,
>Does anyone know about the car show going on at Stowe Vt this month? When
>and where in Stowe is it, and what can be expected to be going on? I have
>never gone to one of these events yet and thought I might take a ride over
>to it.

Herb:

Stowe is a great meet and this year occurs Friday, September 20th through
Sunday, the 22nd.

Friday afternoon, the cars start arriving at the "polo" field (north of
Stowe off 100).  A reception under canvas is held in the early evening for
registrants.  The registration ($35, I think) is well worth it as the meet
"gifts" alone are usually justify the price.

Saturday is "show" day with probably 300-400 cars displayed next to the
"polo" field - participant's choice judging and a concours d'elangance
judged by blazzer'd "pro's".  A flea market and vendors surround the car
show.  A fairly extensive "car corral" with many different types of British
cars for sale ranging from Hillmans to Jag's and even the odd Rolls Royce is
also present.

Sunday has the tail-gate picnic competion.  New this year are English sheepdog
and falconry demonstrations.  A polo match will also be held.

Stowe is located a little over an hour's drive east then north of
Burlington.  You can either take interstate 89 or local highway 2 towards
Montpelier.  Turn left at crossroad 100 and Stowe is about 15 minutes.
That's how we get there.
Depending upon what direction you are coming from, your route may vary.  If you
come through New York state, the ferries across Lake Champlain are a nice
touch (if the sun is out).

This show is "very" British with a rep. from the British High Commission usually
giving away the featured door prize (trip to England for two)!  This is the
5th year I believe, and Linda and I have been to them all - we'll take the
'56 TR3 this year - hope to see you there.

If you need more info. let me know.

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                    e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Co-ordinator, Information Systems  v-mail: 613-545-2228
Computing Centre                      fax: 613-545-6798
Queen's University                   home: 613-542-8110
Kingston. Ontario  CANADA  K7L 3N6   toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8