Battle of the Brits, part 2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Battle of the Brits, part 2
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:48:49 -0400
Scions and Triumphant ones,

I had forgotten the other day that one of the things that happened
at the Battle of the Brits was a presentation by 3M Automotive.

They showed their Car Care Product line. They also did a demonstration
of how their products are used. I am not endorsing the 3M line of
products, as I understand that most of the companies have similar
products. It was interesting to see what can be done when you know
what products are available.

One of the Minis had a 2.5 month old paint job that suffered from
a severe case of orange peel and terminal dullness. With light
sanding (2000 grit wet/dry), and then polishing, they were able
to give a nice shine to half of the bonnet. The owner then asked
when they would do the rest of the car! She was told that they
would show her how to do the other half of the bonnet, but she was
on her own for the rest of the car. Needless to say that she was
disappointed that they wouldn't do it for her, but whe was eager to
learn what the process was. In about 15 minutes, she had acheived
nearly the same level of shine on the second side of the bonnet.

If you are interested in seeing the 3M Car Care Product line, check
out their web page at:

http://www.3m.com/market/automotive/index.html

I have no connection to 3M, although there are some people on the
list that work there. (Hi Andy).

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com
dmitchel@ismi.net