Re: All Scions-Rod failure?

To: captainzoso@juno.com (Captain Page), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: All Scions-Rod failure?
From: jmike@sky.net
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 20:03:58 -0500 (CDT)
The rod failure thread reminds me of the problem that the group helped me
through just six short months and $2500.00 ago.  I was hearing a "deisel" sound
when the motor was under acceleration.  The hot dogs who restored the car were
to have rebuilt the motor, and they did have it apart, but negleted to boil the
engine out, thereby leaving at least two of the oil passages to the bearings
clogged.  So, with 500 miles on it, the engine was toast.  The second time, the
engine was boiled, and measured for accuracy in case it was misaligned, etc.

Ya jus' never know!!

Mike Barron
70 TR6
60 TR3