Re: air conditioning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air conditioning
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 21:34:13 1996
I have fitted a modern R-134a system to my TR6.  Actually,
this would qualify as a "factory" installation.  By this, I
mean one that requires NO holes to be cut, NO pulleys to be
installed, and NO visible interior modifications. It will
fit the TR250/TR6 series.

I was attempting to kit this for availability this summer...
I intend to publish the info in the VTR mag and produce a
limited run of kits.

It took about $1500 of parts, and 80 hours of time, and many
trips to the AC places to get this right.  Every item was
carefully planned, followed by at least 3 attempts to make it
right!

I suspect it will cost about $1k and bolt it on in 4-8 hrs.
You'd only have to add a $50 leak test and recharge.

I have sources for everything, I'm just limited by the time
required to coordinate its production.

Oh, by the way, it works very well, even in 104 F degree heat.

Three weeks of 104 degree heat verified the AC and the Ignitor
electronic ignition conversion (in distributor, i.e. no external
box, I'll have more of these for sell at $60).
Wish I could say the same for Avon 185HR-15 tires... I lost
2 due to inner sidewall collapse.

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879