TR-6 1976 Pressure Differential Warning Actuator (PDWA) adjustment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 1976 Pressure Differential Warning Actuator (PDWA) adjustment
From: Kirk Steward <kdstewar@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 21:14:11 -0700
I sure could use some advice on a problem I am having with my braking
system. I have recently completed the rebuild/resleeving of the brake
vacuum servo and master cylinder as well as the replacement of the
flexible rubber brake hoses with Teflon/stainless steel hoses.

I have completely bled the system with new Castrol GT-LMA brake
fluid.  When the ignition is switched on the oil pressure indicator light
comes on and the brake warning light on the dash comes on.  Once the
engine is started, the oil pressure light extinguishes and the brake
warning light stays on.  I have assumed that this is due to the
mispositioning of the PDWA shuttle.  Today I rebled the front and back
circuits twice in an attempt to reset the PDWA but the brake warning
light remains lit. The brakes seem to work fine, but I am concerned that
only one circuit may be functioning. I have checked the wire connection
on the 3-pole oil pressure switch and it appears to be correct. Does
anyone have suggestions?  Could the PDWA switch be stuck?  Any
alternative methods for resetting the switch?  I would certainly
appreciate your collective experience.

Kirk Steward
Davis, California