Re: Late TR-6 swing-arm brkts I.D.

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: Late TR-6 swing-arm brkts I.D.
From: Jamie Palmer <jamiep@cris.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996 09:14:30 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Tom Tweed wrote:

> Fellow Motorheads,
>
> Could someone please describe for me the proper placement of the brackets
> that mount the swing-arms to the frame, for the '75 frame ?
>
> As far as I can derive from the manuals, this would be:
> outer brackets, 1 notch up
> inner brackets, 3 notches up.

(snip)

Tom, we had a tech session in the TCOC yesterday at a member's alignment
shop, and had a one-owner '76 TR-6 on the stand.  He believed it had not
been "messed with" back there, although the springs had been replaced,
and his brackets were as you described (I know because I too have a bare
chassis and I was going home to make sure mine were installed
correctly).  BTW, mine are the same, also, on my late 72 frame.  Of
course, that doesn't mean they're correct!

Jamie