Re: American Racin Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: American Racin Wheels
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 21:06:12 -0800
Bob:

Exactly!  I bought three of the 5.5" wheels, too... I was merely describing
the different varieties to help others distinguish between them if they had
a set.  I actually found one once, about 7 years ago in a small wrecking
yard in Oregon (the 5.5") but upon receiving it, found that the inner rim
surface was terribly damaged by contact with the upper wishbones, and that
the bead breaker had damaged the wheel considerably, too.  I sent it back,
and have not found another since.  A shame, since the TR250 at this yard
had all four wheels!  I checked them all, and all were scraped up really
good!  Oh well, that's racing!  I wouldn't mind having the 6's on one end
and the 5.5's on the other, but sooner or later I'll have to run into the
fourth... maybe through this list!!

Thanks!

Pete Chadwell