Re: Fiats and Turkey day...coincidence ????

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiats and Turkey day...coincidence ????
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 19:25:10 -0500
Ah. The Fiat.  What a Punny acronym.

Ostensibly, it stands for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili de Torino, i.e.
                     Fabricators of Italian Automobliles, in Torino (Turin?)

Literally, fiat means `Let it be done' in Latin.

Actually, it stands for Fix It Again, Tony...according to my sister, who
would know, as she owned one (for what seemed like forever, she said).

I have some fond memories of screaming around Columbus, Ohio, at what, from
inside the late-sixties 850, surely sounded like high speed -- until you
saw the rest of traffic passing you.

Beast regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio