Re: 70 TR6 Tires for wire wheels

To: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 70 TR6 Tires for wire wheels
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:29:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Gene M. wrote:

>I am going to restore my 70 TR6 after 15 years of storage.  I was
>checking on Michelin redlines & was told by Coker Tires that they are
>not currently manufacturing them, but might do a production run in the
>future.  Saw in the TRF catalog a reference to Yokohama tires.  Also >saw
>on the TR6 Home Page some info on tires, but for steel wheels.
>  What tires are people running on their wire wheels and is there any
>differences in inner tubes now.  Any newer tires with the good looks
>of the Redlines?  Any particular places that stock a variety of tires
>for the 15" wires?
>
>Gene M.
>70 TR6 #CC52098

Gene,

  I beleive you can run the same tires on wire wheels as steel wheels.
As for tires that look good, there is a company in Santa Cruz that can
put "Red Lines" into the side wall of any tire.  I have never bought or
seen such tires, but I do have their catalouge.  The sell a variety of
tires, including a few high performance Avon tires which you can have
"Red Lined".  This is an idea I am considering as my car nears complet-
ion.  You can obtain a copy of the cat by calling or writing a request
for one.
                       British Wire Wheel
                       1650 Mansfield Street
                       Santa Cruz, CA. 95062
                       phone# 408-479-4495

I have no involement with this company, finacial or other wise.

                            JOE IV
                            TR 250
                     WALLINGFORD, CT. USA