Vandalized Spit, Pt. 2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vandalized Spit, Pt. 2
From: "Paul Souza" <psouza@skyserv4.med.osd.mil>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 17:11:28 -0500
All,

I'd like to thank everyone for their sympathies and contact information.
They've been very helpful!  I can't thank you all enough.

For an update:

This bonnet and doors can be saved.  We were able to pull up the bonnet and the
motor looks fine.  What I didn't notice is that the car is now leaking fuel and
brake fluid, but other than that it looks good under the hood.  Upon closer
inspection, only the boot lid escaped any real damage.  Most of the dents
appear to be from kicking the car and hitting it with the fire extinguisher,
which is missing.

The car was towed to a shop that works primarily on muscle car restorations,
though one of the guys there has a beautiful Sunbeam Alpine, which he restored.
 I passed on to the shop owner copies of my catalogs to help with the estimate.
 I should have an estimate from them and the insurance company by tomorrow.
Judging by the cars presently in the bays, they do very good work.  And so far,
the insurance company has been very accomodating.  The car is far from totalled.

Funny, I still don't get why they didn't mess with the convertible top.  Mind
you, I'm not complaining, just perplexed.

Thanks!
Paul (who now stays awake nights thinking of the proper punishment for damage to
      lbcs.....)
        -hmm maybe use their $175 Nike Air Jordans as "oil recovery devices",
         diligently placed around the garage.
        -Use their DKNY, Nike, or Hugo Boss sweatshirts to clean my tools.
        -Use their pagers so I can get prompt response for moving lbcs around
         my yard/garage or when they get a little "dusty"......
        -Of course my car wouldn't be enough so, all lbcs in the area would
         benefit.

--
Paul Marcello Souza     Internet : psouza@skyserv4.med.osd.mil
EDS-D/SIDDOMS           Phone    : 703-824-4167