Re: O2 Sensors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O2 Sensors
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 21:49:41 -0600
>Greetings all,
snip
>from a local discount parts house for about $22. The toughest part of the
>installation is getting the sensor into the exhaust system. It needs to be
>mounted in the exhaust stream as close to where all the gases come together,
>i.e. just behind the collector on headers, or at the base of the cast iron
>manifold. You'll need to come up with a set of threads that are 18mm x 1.5mm
>(standard thread for 02 sensors)--weld and tap extra metal onto the exhaust
>pipe? I welded a volcano shaped mound just behind the collector, then drilled
>a hole(21/32' or 5/8") into the extra thickness.

My K&N guage came with a threades piece that was easily welded into the
exhaust pipe.

snip
>I still rely on my gauge to keep my Webers running well--mainly the idle
>circuit as the air temps change.
>
>Hope that helps,
>Charlie B.

I have even temporarily transplanted my guage into friends cars to help
diagnose carb. problems.  Of course this is only practical if the car
already has an O2 sensor...

But these things really are an amazing piece of technology.  I don't think
that anyone who modifies their car should be without one.  The time you save
trying to figure out what your car is doing is well worth the $100.00 it
will cost to get it set up(in my openion).
Eric
esc@firstnethou.com
If god hadn't intended it to have a V8,
he wouldn't have put me here.