Re: Video Tape

To: "Hal Rogers" <hdrsons@iamerica.net>, "Lawrence Schilling" <lchillin@siu.edu>, "triumph" <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Video Tape
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 96 09:23:25 -0800
>>Thanks to all who responded about my request for assistance in acquiring the
>>Riverdance tape.  I gather it will not be a possiblilty because of the
>>incompatibility of the PAL and  NTSC formats.
>>
>>Thanks again to everyone.
>>
>>lchillin
>>'73 STRag
>
>Although I do not recall who sells it, there is such thing as a converter
>that can allow the viewing of the not compatible format. I do not believe it
>was real expensive...maybe $50 +.
>
>Regards,
>Hal

Lawrence,

As a long time A/V person I can tell you that there are units avaiable
for standards conversion, but they are more in the $5000- range than
$50-. The most reasonable approach to this problem is to have the tape
converted at a tape duplication house. The cost for this service can vary
quite a bit, so if you want to do this you should shop around. In my area
there are many asian immigrants, so demand has brought some storefront
operations into this market. If you want more information please feel
free to contact me directly.

Also, in the SF bay area they showed this program on PBS last weekend. It
might not be a bad idea to check your local listings.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds
Cupertino, CA USA