Re: uprated springs for TR6

To: rcarley@uoguelph.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: uprated springs for TR6
From: MelSDiego@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 00:20:34 -0500
Two years ago I tried both TRF and Moss springs on the rear of my '73.

I first ordered the TRF version and found that they raised the rear of the
car up too high. There was no negative camber left, and the ride was REALLY
stiff. Even after driving around for a week, the car still would not settle
down. The TRF customer service rep told me that they have experienced the
same ride height problem on some cars and offered to take back the springs
even though slightly used. Pretty good customer service!

I then ordered the Moss springs and have been very pleased with them ever
since. They are a progressive wind (first couple of inches compresses easily,
then stiffen up). They are shorter and will give that "racy" look, but I
decided to add the spacers that Moss sells which brought the car up to the
proper ride height.

This is a more expensive solution than TRF, but I much prefer it.

Mel
San Diego