SU carbs for GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU carbs for GT6
From: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 09:00:16 -0600 (CST)
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
I've been following the thread on the triple SU HS4 carb setup for six
cylinder Triumphs with interest - unfortunately it appeared that the
manifold made by Mr. Good wouldn't fit under a GT6 bonnet. I was
considering the possibilities of casting my own (the casting's not bad
but the thought of untold hours of sorting linkages, jets, etc. is a bit
daunting), however...

I've aquired (cheaply) a pair of HS6 carbs, which appears to be a MUCH
easier way to get similar airflow. There is a minor drawback that I need
some help with tho': the carburetters are from a TR4, with angled float
chambers. Can the float chambers be rotated to mount the carbs flat as
required on the GT6? On a related note, has anyone got a diagram, sketch
or description on the mounting plate needed to convert from ZS CD150s to
SU HS6s (I know Triumph Tune makes one but I, like Nick (it was Nick
wasn't it??) am cheap and would rather fab a part than buy it).

thanks
Scott