Triumph World

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph World
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 11:41:14 -0500 (EST)
This is an old thread but since I didn't comment last time, I'll throw in
two cents this time around.  The magazine is characteristically British,
as are the cars.  Score one point for consistency.  The articles are well
written, score one for proper use of the English language.  The pictures
are well done, score one for talented photographers.  Score another point
for the editors of articles and photographers.  Score one more for
content, which seems accurate due to the expertise of the writers.  And
score one more point for humor, if you like the dry understated type. That
makes a score of +6. On the downside, in terms of the USA anyway, there is
alot of coverage of models that never did and rarely would see this side
of the pond (-1).  It is also rather expensive in USA dollars for what you
get (bimonthly with little or no USA advertisements) (-1).  Subtract one
more due to the sporadic appearance of high quality technical information
that are of general use to persons undertaking restoration projects.  So
overall I'm giving it three points, which would probably be a "C." I would
imagine if you lived in the UK you would rank it a bit higher.  No I'm
not renewing for '97, but I may pick it up on the newstand once in a while
if I ever find
it there.
Best Regards
-Kevin