RE: Spitfire Seats

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spitfire Seats
From: Isaac <Isaac@avana.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 14:48:11 -0500
So, now I am even less sure they are the proper seats (I think)

The '71? seats that came with the car are covered in black vinyl,
definitiely not the original or even a recover kit, but they look kinda
like (pattern, color, material) the pictures of the recover kits in MOSS
and TRF catalogs. The only thing is that my seats seem to be taller (I
guess they must have inetgral headrest) than the seats pictures in the
recovering pictures.

The '72? seats seem to have a blackish olive vinyl covering with
houndstooth inserts in the middle that are almost totally rotted
away...also has a black plastic cover that fits over the seat rake
adjustment hinge.

I think I will take some measurements this weekend and maybe somebody
with these years of Spitfire could measure theirs and I could compare or
something.  I had planned on refoaming and recovering the newer? seats
and putting them in the car, but I am not sure if they will fit well
with the hood and tonneaus.

I apologize if my description is vague...I will try to get those
measurements so I can be more specific.

Thanks All,

Isaac Crow
'71 Spitfire, with '75 or newer tranny, '72 Gauges, and who knows what
year seats!