Re: motor/head #'s

To: peb3@cornell.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: motor/head #'s
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 14:00:38 -0500

> Now that's interesting. Your head and mine bear the same number, which is
>suspiciously like a part number for a bare cylinder head, if one were
>offered, from TRF. I guess what this means is either we haven't found the
>serial no. for the head or there isn't one (on the outside of the head, at
>least).
>
>Hey, Nick, where are we supposed to look again?

Phil- and all you other heads...

Not to worry. All is going according to plan, next we'll be checking for
duplicate numbers on the Franklin Mint "Elvis" plates. <g>

Seriously, that head number, 516323, seems to be correct for cars from 69 to
72. After that there were several different numbers fitted. I'm trying to get
some idea of when thinhgs changed, and to what, but everytime I think  that I
have a pretty good theory goin, somebody sends in a ringer. So, far there
seems to be a weird head fitted to GT6's in about 71, and an odd numbered
late 76? TR6 head.

Keep those cards and letters comin
        Nick in Nor Cal