Re: wrapping oil cooler

Subject: Re: wrapping oil cooler
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:47:40 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Paul Burr wrote:

> The surface area of the oil filter is to small to act as any type of
                              ^^^^^
> effective oil cooler.

He most definitely said old *cooler*. I can but only assume that one was
retrofitted. For a low HP engine used for short trips in the winter season
this is probably a good idea, making the oil reach operating temperature
quicker. I'm not sure if it is worth the bother, and if you'll notice any
difference in terms of actual longer engine life, though. If you are
really concerned about oil temperatures, you should install an inline
thermostat for the oil cooler.

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway