Re: wrapping oil cooler

To: jammer <jammer@ctaz.net>
Subject: Re: wrapping oil cooler
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 11:57:56 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Did the DPO also have his head wrapped in tin foil to keep the alien
signals from reaching his brain? :-) This is first I've ever heard of
this. Sounds like a big time hack solution to a non existant problem!
The surface area of the oil filter is to small to act as any type of
effective oil cooler. The first place I'd look is in the fuel system-
dirty filter, leaking carbs, or just plan old maintainace. BTW are you
pulling out the choke when trying to start an already warmed engine?
This'll definately make for hard starting.