Re: New/old 240Zs - more info

To: Pat Catchpole <Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: New/old 240Zs - more info
From: Todd Harbold <tharbold@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:41:44 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pat Catchpole wrote:

> -------- snip,snip ------
>
> While we're on the subject of pricing a brand new 200SX (2 litre turbo model)
> costs 20,450 pounds (basic) 23,050 pounds (air con / leather / CD version) in
> the UK.  I bet they're about the same numbers in dollars - I don't want to
>hear
> Americans moan about car prices again.
>
> Pat
> '78 Spitfire 1500 (anyone tell me what it's worth Stateside?)

Pat,
It is true that the US version 200SX is only in the $17000 (USD) range.
However,
on this side of the pond the 200SX is a small 2-door front wheel drive
golf-ball.
The afore-mentioned price will get you the SE-R with a 140 hp, FI, 2.0L
engine and
some amenities (i.e. AC & sunroof).

I'm guessing that the 200SX in the UK is the same as the 200SX in
Australia with RWD, and the DOHC, intercooled, turbocharged 2.0L
engine?  Unfortunately we don't have a comparable one in the US.
Perhaps the UK price is worth it when you consider the
US option ... not available, period.

Just my 0.02 cents worth,

Todd
'74 Spitfire 1500 FM10350U
'96 Nissan 200SX SE-R (Although I usually pass this one off as the
wife's car ;)