Re: What oh what is an LBC

To: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: What oh what is an LBC
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:33:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
john gillis wrote:

> ... I am beginning to find my way round some of these strange uses of the
> Queen's English, but what oh what is an LBC, please tell me before my already
> fertile imagination runs away with me e.g Long Black Car ...

For british-car list related terminology in general, consult

        http://www.team.net/sol/solterms.html

This provides an overview of the common acronyms, and particular
vocabulary common to the list.

For the term "LBC", I think I coined this acronym, way back
in the summer of 1989, when I was beginning a search for a
"Little British Car" to buy, particularly a Triumph or MG,
since Jaguars and Healeys were way out of my budget...

The use of the term grew rapidly, and has been expanded
slightly as well.  From the above referenced WWW page:

        LBC  - Little British Car,
               Little British Convertible,
               Large British Car, etc.

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'74 TR6 Daily Driver for 6-months of the year...

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |