Re: 70 TR6 and unleaded petrol solutions?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 TR6 and unleaded petrol solutions?
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 96 16:50:34 PST
Gene wrote:
        > I am curious what people with older TR's are doing now that the petrol
        > is unleaded.  Are there replacement valve seats which need to be put
in?

I live in California, and have owned out '74 TR6 for 6 years.  I
started using unleaded 5 years (15,000 miles) ago, and I dont
think I hear or feel a difference.  I am pretty sure I am running
the original top-end gear, and last time I had the rocker-cover
off, I looked for signes of wear - none visible.

Unless the valve seats need replacing, why bother?

        Shane Ingate, thankful for MJB.