Re: 70 TR6 and unleaded petrol solutions?

To: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 70 TR6 and unleaded petrol solutions?
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 19:16:40 +1300
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Gene

[Stuff from previous posts snipped...]

> Dave,
> If you locate the source of this product, please post to the digest
> since I am sure it would be of general interest to all.  In California
> it might not pass our SMOG II inspection, but if it works as well as it
> did for you, perhaps an exemption can be obtained for its use.  Does TRF
> & Moss distribute parts in New Zealand?  Are you able to get your TR
> parts without going through mail order?

Re: Fuelstar Product...

I have been in contact with the New Zealand distributors of the Fuelstar
device. They have a webpage currently under construction at
http://www.fuelstar.co.nz

They also told me that they have a small presence in North America, but are
planning to expand there in the near future.

With respect to Smog tests, they claim that pollution levels are reduced
following the fitment of the device. If this is the same as all their other
claims, I am prepared to believe them.

Re: TRF and Moss...

I personally do not use these companies, preferring to use Rimmers for hard
to get parts. That is not to say that others in this country do not use
Moss or TRF however. My car (a 2500S saloon) was assembled to conform with
the Australian Design Rule 27A which is essentially the same as an early
1970'2 Californian standard. As such, it uses a Carbon canister, anti
run-on valve, etc. so I may need to call them in the future. Those parts
are hard to find here.

Many of the engine and driveline parts for the TR and GT6 cars are shared
with the 2000 and 2500 saloons of which there are lots here in New Zealand,
so I don't imagine that those parts would be particularily difficult to
get. There is one very good supplier (Renown Triumph in Christchurch phone
+64 3 379-6454) of parts for Triumphs of all types plus others who can
source the parts.

As an aside, the car is fitted with 2 SU carburettors, as opposed to
Strombergs. I mention this following the thread that has been going on the
list as of late. The model is HS6-BDU which is the (allegedly) tamperproof
model. They were fitted to all 2500TC and 2500S models assembled 1976 in
Australia I believe.

David Greed
1979 2500S

Email:greed@wave.co.nz                  (Home)