Re: GT6 Drive shaft

To: thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us
Subject: Re: GT6 Drive shaft
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 13 Dec 96 11:05:51
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Išve just been down this road, and Išll tell you, it was a b*tch.   GT6 and
Spitfire propeller shafts are notoriously sensitive to disassembly and are
commonly put out of balance.  The problem with working on them is that unless
you have your own personal lift or pit (which no one does), the process of
putting your car up on ramps and stands to fool with the shaft is tedious, not
to mention dangerous.  Without prior reference marks, there is no way I know of
to look at a shaft and tell if it is reassembled as before.  Either try all the
options of reassembly, one at a time, or take it to your local rebalance guy.

You may find, as I did, that the last option is actually the least painful.

---
Martin S.
74 Spitter, balanced, finally